At The Garage Door company we take your privacy very seriously.
Privacy & Cookies
1 The information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.garagedooruk.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name and e-mail address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This information does not identify anyone as an individual. No efforts are made to discover the identity of those visiting the website and there is no attempt to match any data gathered by our site with any personally identifiable information from any source, including those outside of our site.
Any visitor to our site will have to consent to a direct request for any collection of personally identifiable information and a full explanation of the need for this information will be available before consent may be given.
2 How we will use the information about you
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- where you send us comments or questions, in-line with the Data Protection Act, we will only hold information that you send us, for as long as it is necessary for us to deal with your comment or question. We will only let it be seen by the colleagues who need to see it in order to deal with your comment or question. The only exception to this is if we are required by law to disclose your correspondence to an official investigating body such as the police.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to assess the number of visitors to our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
4 Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies policy below.
5 How we protect your information
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
6 Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to the The Garage Door Company changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
7 Your consent
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy and to provide you with the information you require.
9 How to contact the The Garage Door Company
10 Links to other websites
Cookies, also known as HTTP cookies, are small text files that are carried from a website and are set on a visitor/browser’s device. They are widely used as a way to make websites function more efficiently and provide information to the owners of the website. It is possible for visitors and any web browser to manage their own cookies by setting limits on how many a website can set and deleting them once browsing has finished. For instructions on how to manage the cookies in your computer, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them.
4 Embedded content
This website may use ‘plug ins’ or embedded media on a number of its pages to provide information in an engaging format, for example, a Twitter feed to inform of top stories within The Garage Door Company.
The suppliers of these services may also place or set cookies on your computer when you visit the pages within the website where this type of content is used. These are known as Third-Party Cookies.
5 Log files
When visitors use the website there movements around it are recorded as log files. This will assist the administrators to make changes to the layout of the site to improve its functionality based of the preferred movements of visitors. There is no need for consent to log files as they do not contain or record any personal information or information concerning other sites you have visited.
6 Essential cookies
This website needs the following cookies to function correctly:
This cookie is set to tell the website if you accept receiving cookies. This cookie is set to expire 1 year after it is set so that you do not have to set your options every time you visit.
This cookie is set if the font resize function is used. This allows your preferred font size to be retained throughout the website. This cookie is set to expire 1 year after it is set so that you do not have to set your options every time you visit.
8 Linking to other sites:
The www.garagedooruk.com website contains links to other websites that are not covered by this Privacy Statement. This even applies to government departments so visitors must be aware of other websites’ privacy statements. None of a visitor’s personal information be passed on to any other website without consent.
9 Google Analytics
We make use of Google analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics) to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This helps us to ensure that the service is available when you want it.
In addition we can:
- see which our most viewed content is and which is our least viewed, allowing us to make decisions about changing, moving or removing content
- see which is the most busy time for the website is and which is the quietest, this allows us to make decisions about, taking the site ‘off line’ for essential maintenance for example
None of this information is personally identifiable. The cookies Google analytics sets are: utma, __utmb, __utmc, _utmz
For more information about Google Analytics visit the Google Analytics website.
10 Google Maps
We use Google maps on some of our web pages, to display information about the locations of local services.
The cookies these maps set are: PREF, testcookie, khcookie, NID.
11 How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
Quick ContactGet in touch with the Garage Door Company today!
Book a free, no obligation appointment online today...
We will contact you as soon as we can to arrange a convenient time to send one of our professional surveyors round to visit you at your home.
Request a Garage Door Company Brochure...
Want a printed brochure? No problem just request a brochure online today and start your journey tomorrow!